Friday, November 30, 2007

In Defense of Shelley Sekula Gibbs

It seems some of my friends out in cyberspace think I haven't done a good enough job of communicating Shelley's accomplishments to you, my loyal readers. I'm happy you care enough to chime in. I thank you all for posting and I do value your comments.

This is for my friend Jake (and Jake, Pete Olson is the carpetbagger in this race, but I'll get more into that at a later date). Thanks for adding your thoughts, Jake.

As far as listing Shelley's accomplishments goes, I don't have nearly enough space to do it. But I'll try and come up with a couple of bullet points for you Pete Olson supporters out there, so you know who you're up against. I'll post some more of Shelley's greatest hits later.

I think it's important first to consider the fact that Shelley Sekula Gibbs is a winner who has already served ably in Congress. Even with all the post-DeLay fallout of last year, she won the special election of 2006 and finished out DeLay's term. She has already built a rapport with other members of Congress and served into the beginning of this year. She even had to deal with old DeLay staffers trying to make things difficult for her, and she still was fighting for our interests! (Clean the trash out, Shelley! Send 'em home if they don't want to get on board with a winner!)

She also had one hell of a showing in the general election of 2006, even though she was a write-in candidate who was not on the ballot. Think about that for a few seconds, in the post-DeLay era, she was able to deliver a tremendous showing as a write-in, meaning that people literally had to key in (correctly) 18 characters to vote for her, 19 if you count the hyphen in her last name! (I think she has since dropped the hyphen, but let's not make a big deal out of it.)

We love you Shelley, hyphen or no hyphen!

Shelley has proven that she's willing to walk through walls for the people of Congressional District 22, and she will continue to when we send her back to Congress.

Nick Lampson, you're a bozo. We got our eyes on you, buddy. Back to Beaumont you go!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jumps through walls? Are you kidding me?

Anonymous said...

I like \talton. hes got the conservative credentials i puull for! sekulagibbs is a good woman but not enough

Anonymous said...

Roz,

Talton? You kidding me. That man give me nightmares. I'd take Manlove over him any day of the week

Anonymous said...

z ray; manlove is only in this thing because he knows his days as mayor are done. he has made mad all sorts of people . i would vote for pete olson befoe i vote for manlove. thats not saying much since we all know olson has llived here for what a month?

Anonymous said...

So we have a capetbagger from Beaumont, a carpetbagger from DC, a 6'4" lady with a rosey personality, an old mayor who was last elected 10 years ago, a judge no one knows, a state rep who is charming, a mayor with a name worth the price of admission, and some kid who probably isnt old enough to legally enjoy a cocktail. This race is going to be a dandy!

Jake Messinger said...

How can you be a carpetbagger if you are from Beaumont?! You misunderstand the definition. And I think you left Dean out of your characatures.

BTW, Pete Olson grew up IN this district, went to Clear Lake high school, then Rice, then UT. THEN he moved away only to serve his Country in the Navy. Not only is it 100% false to call Pete a carpetbagger, it is disrespectful to him as a veteran. How many of the other candidates put themselves in harm's way to ensure our way of life?

The fact is nobody in this race is a carpetbagger. Let's stick to the material issues, like experience, record, capability, etc...

Anonymous said...

jake,
youre obviously an olsen staffer, since your blind not to realize that someone who moves to a district with the sole intention of running for elected office is a carpetbagger.
why dont you harness your energy & realize that shelley has the background, experience and moxie to take this seat back. she is well known in the district and can reel in votes outside the standard gop group.

Jake Messinger said...

Olson's staff (of which I am not a member) is a matter of public record.

I am a local business owner and I believe in the tenets and ideals of the Republican philosophy of less government and conservative fiscal policy.

I also believe in things like the Shift button on my keyboard, the dictionary, doing my "homework," reality, respect when it is warranted, and above all, truth.

Anonymous said...

Jake that sort of snide ness will get you nowhere in the blogosphere

Josh - I think i remember you from youre old wordpress days. great to see you bringing down those who bag the carpet

Jake Messinger said...

So is this blog dead? I haven't seen any posts since the "5th day of Christmas".

Maybe you aren't supporting Shelley anymore since she is going to every forum preaching marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman?