Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Join the SSG Movement!!!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and ate plenty of turkey (but not too much, gluttony is sinful). I had a good holiday myself, thinking about the biggest turkey in Congressional District 22, Pete Olson.

But enough about P.O. (short for P.O. Box, which is all he has in this district as far as I'm concerned). Today I'd like to talk about Shelley Sekula-Gibbs and the support she's getting in CD-22 and across America.

If you haven't visited the SSG Web site, let me encourage you to. It can be found at http://sekula-gibbsforcongress.com/. One of the best places on the site to learn about Shelley is the "Media Releases" section. I've got it bookmarked!

Now, don't let all those silly spelling errors distract you (I'm going to have to talk to Shelley about fixing those, don't you worry), the campaign has a lot going on and Shelley's got a lot to say.

Here is one of my favorite releases: Sekula Gibbs Proves She Is The Republican Candidte To Beat In TX 22. Guess who we've got supporting us? That's right, none other than John O'neil of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth fame! We are goint to Swift Boat Nick Lampson and Pete Olson and anybody else who gets in Shelley's way. Torpedoes everywhere! Who knows, John may even write another book: Unfit for Command 2: Swift Boat Veterans for CD-22! Hey, you never know.

One more and then I've got to run. This one is recent:
First Block Walk Nets Tremendous Support. That's right, we just had our first block walk in CD-22 and it was a huge, and I mean huge, success! We collected more than 250 signatures to get Shelley on the ballot. That's right, there are already more than 250 Shelley supporters throughout District 22, and that number grows by the day.

Like Shelley said, “With this kind of response I wouldn’t be surprised if we collected 5000 signatures!” And so we shall, Shelley. And so we shall!

1 comment:

Jake Messinger said...

I wouldn't call an endorsement from John O'neil of the Swift Boat Veterans scandal a positive one.

I didn't vote for John Kerry, but the fact that he received ANY Purple Hearts at ALL, or simply served in the military says a lot more to me than someone's opinion.